Products You May Like
This week on the Over and Back Classic NBA Podcast, Jason and Rich dive into the biggest blowouts in NBA history.
The Memphis Grizzlies set an NBA record by defeating the Oklahoma City Thunder earlier this year by 73 so the Over and Back Classic NBA Podcast decided to dive deep into the biggest blowouts in NBA history!
Jason Mann and Rich Kraetsch start the episode discussing their personal experiences of attending blowouts live including Rich’s recent trip to the United Center to see his Chicago Bulls get destroyed by the Golden State Warriors then Jason relives an Atlanta Hawks vs. Chicago Bulls blowout as well as an Atlanta Hawks fourth-quarter collapse for the ages.
Then the focus turns to 13 of the NBA’s biggest blowouts ever including:
- 73: Memphis Grizzlies 152, Oklahoma City Thunder 79 (2022)
- 68: Cleveland Cavaliers 148, Miami Heat 80 (1992)
- 65: Indiana Pacers 124, Portland Trail Blazers 59 (1998)
- 63: Los Angeles Lakers 162, Golden State Warriors 99 (1972)
- 62: Golden State Warriors 153, Sacramento Kings 91 (1992)
- 62: Syracuse Nationals 162, New York Knicks 100 (1961)
- 61: Charlotte Hornets 140, Memphis Grizzlies 79 (2018)
- 59: Golden State Warriors 153, Indiana Pacers 91 (1977)
- 59: Milwaukee Bucks 143, Detroit Pistons 84 (1979)
- 58: Minneapolis Lakers 133, St. Louis Hawks 75 (1956 Playoffs)
- 58: Milwaukee Bucks 140, Sacramento Kings 82 (1986)
- 58: Denver Nuggets 121, New Orleans Hornets 63 (2009 Playoffs)
- 58: Sacramento Kings 139, Dallas Mavericks 81 (1993)
We’ll answer several questions about each of the blowouts including:
- How did the blowout happen?
- How good or bad were the teams going into the blowout?
- Did the blowout affect the team’s respective seasons?
- Who helped the blowout happen?
- The future and immediate aftermath of each blowout and so much more.
Subscribe to our NBA history podcast for the 2021-22 NBA season
Thanks for listening, downloading, subscribing and supporting!